Welcome to our Mac Legend. Now we talk about how to convert a PDF to Word for free on Mac. It’s very important if you need to edit your PDF.
It’s a challenge to make your PDF convert to Word when your PDF documents are often the default format for sharing files online unless you have the right software to edit the PDF document. This article now teaches you how to make it easier, and why you have to do it.
Why Convert a PDF?
Many times we get a versatile PDF document file from online but sometimes we need to switch to a different format like a Word doc. That is why we need to know how and why we should convert our PDF document file.
Bellow a list of some reasons…
- If we need to make a high volume of text edits.
- If we are submitting a document that accepts only Microsoft formats. (For example, a job application requires this.)
- If we don’t have the source file, you need to reuse this information in a PDF file.
How to convert a PDF to Word on a Mac
You can convert it in different ways and with different software. Let us now discuss 4 software. With those, we can do it easily convert a PDF to Word on Mac.
- 1st one: Convert PDF to Word on Mac with PDFelement.
- 2nd one: Change PDF to Word on Mac with Automator.
- 3rd one: Convert PDF to Word on Mac Free Online.
- 4th one: Convert PDF to Word on Mac Free with Google Docs.
1:- Convert PDF to Word on Mac with PDFelement.
PDFelement is the best way to convert your PDF to Word on Mac. This application has been made to help you solve all of your PDF files to convert in Word files that’s why you can edit it so easily.
PDFelement is a full packes of PDF editors. That helps you to solve for all your PDF problems.
How to do it follow the bellow,
Step 1:- First you have to drag and drop your PDF file into PDFelement. Now You have to open PDFelement main window to open the file. Now click on the Open File button or Open button to select and open the PDF.
Step 2:- After opening your PDFelement file you have to do your second task now. You have to click on the File after the click on the file they show you a file now you just follow the button and now select Export to file. After selecting this file they show you another file here now you have to select Word button to choose Microsoft Word as the output format. Now you can edit it as your wish. You can change this file name or whatever you want. After changing this file you have to click on Save option. Now your document will be converted within a few seconds.
2:- Change PDF to Word on Mac with Automator.
Now we talk about the second method that is available for Mac users to convert the PDF file to Word. this app is built by the Mac Automator. It also can help you to convert the PDF file to Word easily.
- Search in your Mac application “Automator” and open it.
- Open the Automator you have to click on Extract PDF Text then select “Rich Text” (RTF) or “Plain Text” (TXT) on the right side to save your PDF.
- Now you have to click on the “Run” button and choose a PDF file to convert a text file directly.
3:- Convert PDF to Word on Mac Free Online.
When your Mac is connected online then you can easily convert your PDF to Word on Mac using the online method. There have three sections to do this using your browser. You don’t have to use any software you just can be done in just a couple of minutes. Let’s follow the below on how to convert PDF to Word on Mac.
- Method 1: Wondershare HiPDF PDF to Word
- Method 2: Adobe PDF to Word Converter Online
- Method 3: PDF.online PDF to Word
Method 1: Wondershare HiPDF PDF to Word
Now we talk about the first method. There has used to Wondershare HiPDF, which helps you to convert PDF files. It’s so easy to task and fast. You can follow the below.
1. First you have to go to the web page for the HiPDF free PDF to Word. now the on click Choose File to upload the source PDF document. You can also a drop file into Windows or you can import a file from a cloud service such as Google Drive.
2. After the uploaded file, you have to click on Convert and then it will be modified into a Word document.
3. Now finally click on the Download button to get your PDF to Word file or you can use the sharing option to generate and send a link to others.
Method 2: Adobe PDF to Word Converter Online
Adobe Is one of the best equally efficient files that is easy to use for single file conversions from PDF to Word. This is very easy and it’s accuracy is good. You can follow the below for how to process.
1. First you have to drag or drop to the PDF file into an Adobe PDF to Word online conversion URL. You can also use the Select a File option to import it.
2. After completing your uploaded PDF file, it will be processed automatically. Then it shows you a new window to download the Word file.
3. Now click on Download and save the file to your local Mac folder.
Note: There has only one problem, you have to sign in to the Adobe account. When you work with Adobe PDF it will store your documents. But if you have only one document then it will be a great option for you.
Method 3: PDF.online PDF to Word
Xodo PDF was one of the best online PDF utilities but now it has undergone some rebranding. Today it’s known as PDF.online but still belongs to the PDF Tron. You can use it the desktop and mobile apps.
1. First you have to go to the PDF to Word conversion And URL and click on one of the file upload options. If you want then you can drop or drag a file here.
2. Now show you the next page, you just have to simply click on the Convert button or add more files.
3. Now Save the converted files to your local Mac folder. You have to download this file after the conversion is completed file. It shows you the all things on your screen.
Convert PDF to Word on Mac Free with Google Docs
The most popular program to convert PDF to Word is Google Docs. You can do it easily and it’s totally free. You have to follow some steps to convert the PDF to Word.
- Log in to your Google account. Now just open your Google Docs website.
- Now upload a PDF file document that you can convert to Word.
- You have to navigate to the “File” tab. Select ” Download as” they show you “Microsoft Word(.docx)” Now it’s export your PDF to a Word document easily.
NOTE: All of the above methods are the same to process your PDF to Word documents and are easy. But Now it depends on you what you want to use to your advantage. Our Mac legend suggests you use HiPDF due to its work together with PDFelement and you can convert and edit it at the same time so easily.